I am the owner of Laundry On Arnett and the building it is within. This building redevelopment is meant to help revitalize that end of the Arnett Block business district.
I am currently seeking a development partner(s) for a proposed meat market and grocery store in the large commercial space previously occupied by Golden Farms. I am also open to other proposals that will benefit the neighborhood. I would like to nearly double the size of the store by incorporating the entire downstairs of the building (excluding laundromat footprint) as shown in the attached diagram:
Description of Concept:
- The customers will enter through the double doors at the front of the store along Arnett Blvd and can see all the way to the back of the store where the meat and prepared food department will be
-A full-length counter top gives the store owner the ability to monitor the all aisles of the main floor of the store.
-Secure storage will be built in the basement for liquor licensing purposes.
-There is direct access to the back courtyard which can be used for outdoor food prep or to establish outdoor seating
- meat prep area could also or alternatively be used for prepared food cooking
- layout is flexible and can be modified.
Description of Ideal development partner
- Experience with retail/grocery store/restaurant
- 19th Ward Resident or person with other vested interest in the 19th Ward
- willing to hire a majority of staff from the 19th Ward including teenagers
- able to help finance buildout of space
I will assist with obtaining City of Rochester and other grants. Contact me at 585-764-7767 if interested and to arrange a tour.