The Education Committee of the SW Common Council will meet the 4th Wednesday, June 26th. The meeting is from 6:00 to 7:30 pm at the Arnett Library. Note the time change.
- Square Fair Report: did we use this great chance to recruit local families and volunteers for our schools? Short answer, no. But there is more.
- Building City/neighborhood/agency connections with our schools - Mayor, City Council, Neighborhood Associations.
- Elections, news developments, staff changes.
- Community Schools: Local enrollment, are we making progress? Local Busing Initiative. Receivership developments. CET meetings - update - School 10, 16, 19, Joseph C. Wilson Foundation Academy
- Latest developments on superintendent transition.
- Summer staffing at School Rec Centers, Playground?
- School 29 (4-H club), 44, and Wilson Commencement - Update
- OACES, CFC YouthBuild - Update
- Walk-in Items
If you have additions for the agenda please contact email@example.com.
Please read the minutes from our last meeting: SWCC Education Committee Minutes 2019-05-22 or see the video at: https://youtu.be/BHXUwYeNdTA.
Check out Evan Dawson podcast: https://www.wxxinews.org/post/connections-debating-educationism which brings new insights into the failing schools discussions.
You can also check out Receivership and CET meetings to see how different schools have handled things.