Deli Sandro's is now open

Views: 4531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finally! We have the lights on inside. We have the layout set. Just getting ready to WAX the floor and then the installation of everything can begin! 

Still looking forward to product suggestions and delicious unique sandwich recipes. I am not opposed to naming good ones after you, just dont say ham and swiss and expect me to name it after you :-)

A favorite of mine is curried chicken salad sandwich. Real easy - and curry and chopped apple to regular old chicken salad.  Especially good on pita, but works on regular old bread as well.

It has been awhile. Things are coming along great! Here are some photo updates. We are shooting for a Grand Opening Labor Day weekend but soft opening prior to that as soon as the space is ready. 

This is a photo we took a couple months back before we started with the Deli concept.

Re Sodded, painted, coming along...

A Waxed Floor... Look at that reflection!

Right now we are waiting on the beverage cooler order to be delivered, the sign to be fabricated, we have some training to go through, and  a little bit more build out work to do. 

Anticipated GRAND OPENING has been extended to Labor Day however we will soft open as soon as the space is ready and all the permits have been attained! 

Excellent! Can't wait to see it.  Now, can I talk to you about coming over to do my kitchen floor?:)

I never want to wax a floor again! 1 stripper 2 sealer 4 wax - its a lot of work... and that was a small space... unlikely i will be doing this again in the near future... ;-)

Construction begins today! Check our Facebook page for throughout the day for updates. www.Facebook.com/delisandros

YAY!

Can you post a few here, as I don't Facebook? 

Thanks, and best wishes.  I went to a great gourmet Indian rest. today for dinner named Amaya on S. Clinton in Tops Plaza.  Excellent.  Check it out for lunch or dinner.

Well an update is long past due!! So here goes. We have been busy all summer putting Deli Sandro's together and it is almost complete! It took longer than we wanted it to but it looks absolutely fantastic! We are currently in the soft open phase. We still have a decent amount of work to do but while the finishing touches come together we do have some product to sell and everyone is more than welcome to stop in, check out the progress and buy some goodies! I anticipate we should be fully operational in the next couple of weeks. In the mean time we are playing around with hours of operation, products, menu items, etc... Currently we are there monday through friday 7am to 7pm this may change to suit demand. All in all if you see the open sign then come on in! If there is work to be done and the lights are on... then we are open for business. This is where we are:

The Buildout

A view from the outside.

Inside we have a good selection of hot a cold beverages (as you can see we left room on the shelves for suggestions so don't be shy) ranging from Hot Coffee and Tea to sodas, ice tea, juice and energy drinks.

We have a assortment of kettle cooked and baked chips as well as veggie snacks, pretzels, candy bars, etc... The perishable items, the meats, sandwiches, and baked goods will be the final piece to the puzzle. We are currently working on the ventilation and cooling system as all of the coolers give off massive amounts of heat.

Here is our custom butcher block NSF 3 compartment sink. We are awaiting the sandwich prep station and front bake case glass. We are also playing around with the placement of additional shelving. 

In the back we have sectioned off an area selling grocery, seasonal and convenience items. From the left we have Bagged Ice, next we have a cooler with milk eggs and meat, the crates are the future home of the fresh fruits and vegetables, on the right we have grocery items, household goods, and last but not least.... The center is our changing seasonal section. Currently there is a selection of back to school supplies. As the seasons change that inventory will change to meet the demands of the different times of year!

I don't know why this photo is rotated but in our cooler we have skim milk, 2% milk, chocolate milk, half and half, cream, butter, packaged sliced cheese, bacon, eggs, and hot dogs. Next to that we have our Italian section which features imported pastas, coffees and olive oil as well as locally made sauce. 

Here we have a small selection of grocery items i am currently seeking all suggestions to fill this thing up! Next to that we have everything from personal hygiene to everyday cleaning supplies, charcoal, batteries, grills, cooking utensils, laundry supplies, etc...

In the front we have seating for four with shelves for your personal belongings, Wifi, and a great view!

Under the front counter we have installed USB surge protected outlets on both sides of the counter so that everyone has access to power and phone charging stations so you can sit down get organized and get your work done!!!

A night shot. 

This is the sign to look for!! Even though our work is not done, pardon our dust and come check it out!! If you are out and about and it is not between the hours of 7am and 7pm and want to see if we are open feel free to call ahead - the number is 328.DELI

Much Thanks and please give your suggestions... We want to sell the things you want to buy!

It is too much for tonight but tomorrow I will post a spread sheet of all the items we currently carry and the prices... I want to get your feedback on where we stand with what we are charging. It is in our best interest to try to get as much as we can for the items we sell HOWEVER I UNDERSTAND it is in your best interest to pay as little as you can. So let's get right down to it and figure out what works best for both of us. 

Thanks again,

Anthony D'Alessandro

Absolutely! That would be great! As soon as the sandwiches and prepared foods are ready to go I am going to see if I can get the campus times over here to do a little write up.

Anthony, the place looks great!  Thank you for bringing such an attractive new  business to our neighborhood.  We will do our best to get the word out to neighbors. 

HURRAY!!!! Cannot wait to return to The Roc and patronize!!!!!

RSS

SW Merchants

Information Links

These links plus others can also be found under the Links tab.

ABOUT THE 19TH WARD

19th Ward Community Association
Rochester City Living
RocWiki.org

ANIMAL RELATED SERVICES

To report animal cruelty, call 911 or  THE ANIMAL CRUELTY HOTLINE: (585) 223-6500

City of Rochester Low-income Spay/Neuter for pet Dogs and Cats

Rochester Community Animal Clinic - low-income spay/neuter for pet dogs and cats, and feral cats

PAWS, Inc.Providing Animal Welfare Services

City of Rochester Adopt a Dog or Cat

Lollypop Farm, The Humane Society of Rochester and Monroe County 

BUYING A HOME IN THE 19TH WARD

Homesteadnet.com

City of Rochester Property Information

Rochester City Living

Trulia Listed Homes For Sale

UR Home Ownership Program

Zillow listed homes for sale

COMMUNITY LINKS

Arnett Public Library

Brooks Landing

City of Rochester 

John Lightfoot, Monroe County Legislator,District 25

Loretta Scott, City Council President, At Large

LaShay D. Harris, South District

Genesee Valley Park

Metro Justice

RGRTA Bus Information

Minority Reporter

SouthWest Tribune

Rochester Green Living

ROCSPOT

Sector 4 Comm. Developmant Corp

Savor Life Radio Show

Teen Empowerment

WDKX Urban contemporary 103.9 FM

WRUR 88.5 UR and WXXI partnership  88.5 FM

Southwest Family YMCA

UR Gov. & Community Relations

EDUCATION

Rochester Prep Charter School

U.S. Dept. of Education

FAITH COMMUNITY

St. Monica Church

BUSINESSES

El Latino Restaurant
D and L Groceries
Hand Crafted Wrought Iron
Jim Dalberth Sports
Menezes Pizza
TOPS Friendly Markets
Staybridge Suites

OUTREACH AND SERVICES

Coalition to Prevent Lead Poisoning (CPLP)

Dealing with Lead
Drug Activity
Healthy Blocks
HEAP NY Home Heating Assistant
Home Safety Tips    LifeTimesAdultDay Health Care
Medicare
NeighborWorks Rochester
Parking / Abandoned Vehicles
2-1-1 Social Services
ACT Rochester

OTHER

Genesee Co-op FCU