Deli Sandro's is now open

Views: 4531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sign idea. thoughts before I apply for the permit? also, check us out on the facebook! I just created the page: www.facebook.com/delisandros

Depending on the overall Color scheme I think the white on black is really classy. I don't know about "general  store" though, no matter how technically accurate. It conjures for me images of either dusty old shelves with old merchandise (from my childhood)  or the Dollar Store image.  I would prefer "Market" or "Market and Deli" (OK, a bit redundent there) "Neighborhood Market" or even just Deli Sandros (maybe with a slogan). Maybe "Deli Sandros" over the door with  lit signs in the window that says "market"  and "deli". Kind of like Starry Nights Cafe. The name "Starry Nites" is over the door"  and along the side wndows are painted "coffee" "desserts" "soups"  sandwiches" "free wifi" in tasteful stenciling.

Yes! The people have spoken! I have received a number of e-mails expressing the same concern. We will be dropping the General Store and Going with only the "Deli Sandros" I was worried that people wouldn't understand that we sold other stuff as well. It seems that with maybe some nice stencils or chalkboards in the windows we can relay that we sell other products as well.

Good decision!!

or??

Anthony -

Hartmann's Old World Sausage shop used to be on North Clinton (more than 30 years) and recently relocated due to expanded demand.  They are still local, and have the best sausages and cold cuts that I have ever had!

Check it out - you can find some of their products at larger Tops and Wegman's stores, but not all of their stuff or at all stores.

Here's the link if you want more info:  http://www.hartmannssausage.com/

Eileen,

Hunts Hardware (on Thurston at Anthony) carries a lot of the items that you are looking for.  They are a great locally owned and operated business that has been an archor in the 19th Ward for decades.

There are Rite Aid drug stores at Thurston and Brooks, and at Bulls Head.  Granted, none of these stores are in PLEX, but they are quite close to it.

Anthony's store will be a great asset to the SW.  Let's support positive new developments and our existing good stores.

DeWain,

Good to bring these stores to mind.   I use them.  I think the students just down the road from where Anthony is restoring are within walking distance, so people without cars from there as well as the surrounding neighborhood will welcome this store.  Also, people from the 19th Ward with cars will welcome a new deli on S. Plymouth.  Especially when it provides fresh food to the neighborhood.

Mark

Someone submitted these. Different from the original plan but worth posting for feedback. Thoughts?

I like the original. The fonts are nice (especially the second) but the circles are distracting.

HI Anthony thank you for the detail. I am impressed with your plans. As for the name not New Deli, for one Deli suggests a limited idea and your are offering moe than than: here are some ideas, I hope others weigh in, PLEX Marketplace, PLEX Market, SouthWest Market & Deli. I'd like to see what others have to suggest, I am trying to think of something that says neighborhood and healthy. I wrote this in repsonse to an earlier email of yours Anthony, and did not see the official name suggestion. sorry. Do what makes sense for you.

RSS

SW Merchants

Information Links

These links plus others can also be found under the Links tab.

ABOUT THE 19TH WARD

19th Ward Community Association
Rochester City Living
RocWiki.org

ANIMAL RELATED SERVICES

To report animal cruelty, call 911 or  THE ANIMAL CRUELTY HOTLINE: (585) 223-6500

City of Rochester Low-income Spay/Neuter for pet Dogs and Cats

Rochester Community Animal Clinic - low-income spay/neuter for pet dogs and cats, and feral cats

PAWS, Inc.Providing Animal Welfare Services

City of Rochester Adopt a Dog or Cat

Lollypop Farm, The Humane Society of Rochester and Monroe County 

BUYING A HOME IN THE 19TH WARD

Homesteadnet.com

City of Rochester Property Information

Rochester City Living

Trulia Listed Homes For Sale

UR Home Ownership Program

Zillow listed homes for sale

COMMUNITY LINKS

Arnett Public Library

Brooks Landing

City of Rochester 

John Lightfoot, Monroe County Legislator,District 25

Loretta Scott, City Council President, At Large

LaShay D. Harris, South District

Genesee Valley Park

Metro Justice

RGRTA Bus Information

Minority Reporter

SouthWest Tribune

Rochester Green Living

ROCSPOT

Sector 4 Comm. Developmant Corp

Savor Life Radio Show

Teen Empowerment

WDKX Urban contemporary 103.9 FM

WRUR 88.5 UR and WXXI partnership  88.5 FM

Southwest Family YMCA

UR Gov. & Community Relations

EDUCATION

Rochester Prep Charter School

U.S. Dept. of Education

FAITH COMMUNITY

St. Monica Church

BUSINESSES

El Latino Restaurant
D and L Groceries
Hand Crafted Wrought Iron
Jim Dalberth Sports
Menezes Pizza
TOPS Friendly Markets
Staybridge Suites

OUTREACH AND SERVICES

Coalition to Prevent Lead Poisoning (CPLP)

Dealing with Lead
Drug Activity
Healthy Blocks
HEAP NY Home Heating Assistant
Home Safety Tips    LifeTimesAdultDay Health Care
Medicare
NeighborWorks Rochester
Parking / Abandoned Vehicles
2-1-1 Social Services
ACT Rochester

OTHER

Genesee Co-op FCU