Attendance: Howie Maffucci, Don Bartalo, Connie Flahive, Diane Watkins, John Strazzabosco, Mark Hare, Don Pryor, John Boutet, Ralph Spezio, Carla Carey, Donna LaMura, Caterina Leone-Mannino, Dan Drmacich
Discussion & Decisions:
1. Dan announced that planning for a Coalition initiated forum regarding the RASE Commission Educational Recommendations was proceeding well & that reps from the Children's Agenda, Roc the Future, the Children's Institute, the County Executive's Office, Mayor's Office, the RASE Commission & he would meet on Friday, 5/28, to begging initial planning of a forum.
2. We discussed our 2nd draft of funding recommendations to the BoE & Supt. & added several new items. Dan, Don Pryor & Mark will re-write & send out the final draft this week.
3. John Boutet gave a report on the "free intra-district" bussing proposal the mayor & supt. are currently negotiating. John will contact the Uof R for support.
4. Dan announced that Regent Norwood has invited him to a meeting with Uof R Ed. Policy Professor, Kara Finnigan & the Supt. in June, to discuss RCSD educational reinvention of the RCSD.
5. Dan will try again to organize a meeting for the Coalition with new Regent appointee, Ruth Turner.
6. We decided that individual Coalition members are encouraged to support NYS legislation for "Daniel's Law," regarding mobile mental health services for all individuals in need.
7. Dan announced that he has sent an email to the Supt. & BoE ,members encouraging them to require all RCSD schools to use the NYSED "Culture Responsive Survey," to further develop their work for Racial Justice & Equity.
8. Dan will contact area college Deans of Education to encourage support our RCSD Funding Recommendations.
9. We agreed to meet again Friday, June 11th @ 4:00 pm.