I stopped for Breakfast this morning at the Brooks Landing Diner - it's located on Genesee Street in a small strip mall where the fish shop was previously located.

I was greeted by the friendly owner who was the only one working. The tables were empty so I got to choose where to sit. Service was decent and the food was good too! Less than $5 for scrambled eggs, well done homefries, toast and OJ.
The owner tells me she spent a fair amount of money rehabing the place and she's worried about competition from Subway (just down the street).

The hours at the diner are 7-4 so they're serving breakfast and lunch.

Check it out when you get a chance!

Views: 1182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John,

I think I saw a sign in the front window for Wi-Fi.

They do have Wi-Fi, at least that is what the sign says.  For anyone who is a 19th Ward Community Assoc member, and has given the office their email, I send out an email each week which lists new businesses in the neighborhood, events happening, interesting things our neighbors are doing, etc.  I did include the opening of the diner a few weeks back.  You can join through our website, or call the office at 328-6571.  Supporting local business guarantees a strong neighborhood

Had a great breakfast today. Food is very good and there is  flexibility in what you want and how you want it prepared. They also appear to do a large take out business. In the time we were there they had all but one counter seat filled, two tables and three people waiting for their take out. They were also taking phone orders of breakfast items. I love the fact that the toast comes unbuttered and not soggy. My only disappointment was the coffee. I will definitely go back. The Korean items look interesting and are calling to me to try them.

As we were leaving a group was beginning to gather for a meeting. Great idea.

I whole heartedly recommend that you try it out if you like diner food.

So glad to hear that everyone is having a good experience here!! Rumor has it that there is a new place on Thurston to try - would be interested to hear reviews of that place as people try it out.

I am a 'coffee snob' so I didn't try their coffee. I have a few diners that I go to regularly and all of them have been OK with me bringing my own coffee as long as I am purchasing other items. :-)

I'm somewhat particular about my coffee too. I have never gone so far as to bring my own when I'm going out for breakfast.Good to know there are places that allow you to do that. I am definitely going back to the diner. Thanks for turning us on to it.

The place on Thurston is called "Sonny's Side" and is just south of Milton where Food Lovers was located.  Our PAC-TAC group walked by there Thursday to check it out but it was closed.  The hours listed in the window were 8 to 5 which seemed odd if they are going for the breakfast crowd.  The sign however says 7 to 3 which makes more sense.

I went to the Brooks Landing Diner on Genesee Street for a morning meeting on Saturday.  I had breakfast and got to use their Wi-Fi.  They had their printed menus out:

John..................thanks for posting the menu. Has anyone tried one of the Korean dishes?  I had the "Old Geezers" when I had breakfast and it was very filling. I like that they have turkey sausage as an option.

Headed out for a 'Old Geezers' breakfast this morning!!  Thanks for posting the menu!!!!

WOW what a fantastic Old Geezers meal and 'coffee enjoyed this side of the Genesee'  FINALLY!!  Don't have to go over on Mt. Hope anymore for breakfast. 

I like the idea of the Old Geezers breakfast--especially at $5.

The Old Geezers breakfast  was in response to a request from Don Hanks.  He specified that grits be included.  Thank you, Don!

RSS

SW Merchants

Information Links

These links plus others can also be found under the Links tab.

ABOUT THE 19TH WARD

19th Ward Community Association
Rochester City Living
RocWiki.org

ANIMAL RELATED SERVICES

To report animal cruelty, call 911 or  THE ANIMAL CRUELTY HOTLINE: (585) 223-6500

City of Rochester Low-income Spay/Neuter for pet Dogs and Cats

Rochester Community Animal Clinic - low-income spay/neuter for pet dogs and cats, and feral cats

PAWS, Inc.Providing Animal Welfare Services

City of Rochester Adopt a Dog or Cat

Lollypop Farm, The Humane Society of Rochester and Monroe County 

BUYING A HOME IN THE 19TH WARD

Homesteadnet.com

City of Rochester Property Information

Rochester City Living

Trulia Listed Homes For Sale

UR Home Ownership Program

Zillow listed homes for sale

COMMUNITY LINKS

Arnett Public Library

Brooks Landing

City of Rochester 

John Lightfoot, Monroe County Legislator,District 25

Loretta Scott, City Council President, At Large

LaShay D. Harris, South District

Genesee Valley Park

Metro Justice

RGRTA Bus Information

Minority Reporter

SouthWest Tribune

Rochester Green Living

ROCSPOT

Sector 4 Comm. Developmant Corp

Savor Life Radio Show

Teen Empowerment

WDKX Urban contemporary 103.9 FM

WRUR 88.5 UR and WXXI partnership  88.5 FM

Southwest Family YMCA

UR Gov. & Community Relations

EDUCATION

Rochester Prep Charter School

U.S. Dept. of Education

FAITH COMMUNITY

St. Monica Church

BUSINESSES

El Latino Restaurant
D and L Groceries
Hand Crafted Wrought Iron
Jim Dalberth Sports
Menezes Pizza
TOPS Friendly Markets
Staybridge Suites

OUTREACH AND SERVICES

Coalition to Prevent Lead Poisoning (CPLP)

Dealing with Lead
Drug Activity
Healthy Blocks
HEAP NY Home Heating Assistant
Home Safety Tips    LifeTimesAdultDay Health Care
Medicare
NeighborWorks Rochester
Parking / Abandoned Vehicles
2-1-1 Social Services
ACT Rochester

OTHER

Genesee Co-op FCU